Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 18

It is Tuesday evening, November 18. It has been snowing for the last three days, with little accumulation. A bit of snow on Panther Mountain Road as well as the streets of Saranac Lake. A thin sheet of ice has formed on the bog by the steel bridge, and the lake is riled by the wind from the North. As I said on Sunday, there is definitely a feel of winter in the air. The consensus seems to be that the warm weather said it's good bye on Saturday. 21 degrees right now, headed for the teens.

Will post pictures once I figure out how.

2 comments:

Ridgely Harrison said...

Way to go Dad, you're on your way to being a true blogger. I look forward to reading the tales of the lake through the winter!

Unknown said...

Wow -- I can't believe you have taken the leap! Way to move rapidly into the 21 century. I hope that the word spreads and lots of people visit to share thoughts.

The difference between Panther Mountain Road and Blackstone Avenue in Ithaca is a matter of degree. It is 19 degrees right now and it has been snowing lightly since Monday night. I saw students wearing shorts to class yesterday, proving that Ivy Leaguers may have brains but many lack common sense.

I look forward to comparing weather notes and hearing about life on the lake in wintertime.