Saturday, October 16, 2010

Winter Approaches?

My last post was back in March but most of you reading this have been here at some point over the summer so no sense rehasing that. Now that we are in to the middle of October I thought I would start making entries once again.

The last 36 hours have been incredible. It has rained steadily, sometime incredibly hard, but the wind has been the amazing element. I can't measure the speed, but for the last 36 hours the trees have been bending over and the lake looks like an ocean with white caps everywhere. It has been amazing to watch. Temperature yesterday started at about 45 and dropped to 36. We had snow flurries but no build up. Lake Placid apparently had 3+ inches on the ground. It's still pouring and blowing as I write this Saturday AM, nothing else to do.

There were still boats on the lake as of Thursday. But fewer and fewer lights as I look out. Corey Island family still hangs on.

I'll post again when something intersting happens unless I slide into the lake between now and then.

No comments: